The purpose of professional development is to improve the quality of teaching and learning by ensuring that our certified staff members and program assistants participate in substantial professional development to remain current with their profession. This continuous cycle of improvement helps us to prepare students that are well-rounded and emotionally and academically prepared for success.
Our district plans and provides professional development opportunities each year that is focused on the goals of our strategic plan which is to encourage a learning environment that emphasizes excellence and retains high-quality staff.
The Professional Development committee, comprised of Administrators and PHEA representatives is established to provide input into the planning of professional development topics and activities, process and methods of delivery, and analysis of feedback data. Based on this input, evaluative feedback, needs assessment data, and continuous improvement planning, professional development activities are established for the 2018-19 school year.
- Align professional development goals to District and building goals
- Articulate impactful themes/topics/strands for professional development
- Develop engaging activities and professional development options for faculty
- Identify needs and resources to successfully implement professional development
- Establish calendar for professional development maximizing the 22 allotted Mondays and 4 Institute Days