Bus routes are published on the District 23 website under this tab (click here) OR on your child’s building website. For questions regarding bus routes, please contact your school or the Business Services Department at (847) 870-3850.
DISTRICT 23’S CONTRACTED SCHOOL BUS PROVIDER:
First Student Bus Company (D23 carrier for all school bus transportation)
2021-2022 BUS ROUTES - UPDATED 01/03/2022
EISENHOWER - Kindergarten and First, Kindergarten Mid-Day
ROSS/SULLIVAN (A.M. & P.M.)
MACARTHUR (A.M. & P.M.)
EARLY CHILDHOOD - All routes
Early Childhood Apartment Routes
"We ask all students to be at the location of their stop at least 15 minutes early until routes and drivers are a bit more established."
2021-22 Bus Guidelines:
Parents should review the symptom screener and keep children home if they are experiencing ANY symptoms.
At the stop, students are asked to wear their masks and practice safe, social distancing. Students MAY NOT board the bus without wearing a face mask.
All drivers, students, and staff riding District 23 provided transportation are required to wear a face mask at all times while on the school bus, regardless of vaccine status.
Each bus will have a limited supply of paper masks should a student forget their mask at home.
Students are to board the bus and head towards the bus, taking an open row and sliding towards the window. Additional students may leave the middle seat open and sit towards the aisle if all rows are occupied.
Siblings are asked to sit together when possible.
First Student will be disinfecting vehicles in the morning, prior to running any D23 routes, and again mid-day. High-touch surfaces such as door handles and railings will also be wiped down and disinfected following routes, by drivers.
Assigned seats may be required to enforce social distancing.
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
- A bus will not stop if students are not present.
- Due to time constraints; buses will not return to a bus stop when students miss the bus or an adult (when required) is not present to receive the student. Students will be returned to their home school and parents/guardians will need to pick up their child from the school. The bus will not return.
- Changes to bus routes require a minimum of 3 working days to be implemented.
- No changes to bus routes will be processed during the first 2 weeks of school.
- Pre-School students who qualify for special transportation services must have an adult present before the student is allowed to get off the bus.
- Kindergarten students transported during the noon hour must have an adult present before the student is allowed to get off the bus.
- Per First Student's policies, Parents are not allowed to board the school bus. Parents attempting to board will be asked to step down. First Student is authorized to all 911 in the event of ANY situation that may pose a threat to the students on board.
WHO SHOULD BE CALLED IF THERE IS A BUS ISSUE?
First Student Bus Company is used for all routes.
- To find out the whereabouts of your student’s bus, call First Student at (847) 541-0220 and ask for the dispatcher.
- To report your student’s absence from a Special Education bus, call First Student at (847) 541-0220 and ask for the dispatcher.
- To report concerns about a bus or driver, call your child’s building OR First Student at (847) 541-0220 and ask for the driver's supervisor.