Bus routes are published on the District 23 website under this tab (click here) OR on your child’s building website. For questions regarding bus routes, please contact your school or the Business Services Department at (847) 870-3850.
DISTRICT 23’S CONTRACTED SCHOOL BUS PROVIDER:
First Student Bus Company (D23 carrier for all school bus transportation)
WHO SHOULD BE CALLED IF THERE IS A BUS ISSUE?
First Student Bus Company is used for all routes.
- To find out the whereabouts of your student’s bus, call First Student at (847) 541-0220 and ask for the dispatcher.
- To report your student’s absence from a Special Education bus, call First Student at (847) 541-0220 and ask for the dispatcher.
- To report concerns about a bus or driver, call your child’s building OR First Student at (847) 541-0220 and ask for the driver supervisor.
REQUEST FOR TRANSPORTATION CHANGES:
Please complete a transportation modification request form if you are requesting special services or a modification of your child’s bus route. Please note all requests must be turned in to your school’s office.
- English Transportation Request Form
- Spanish Transportation Request Form
- Polish Transportation Request Form
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
- A bus will not stop if students are not present.
- Due to time constraints; buses will not return to a bus stop when students miss the bus or an adult (when required) is not present to receive the student. Students will be returned to their home school and parent/guardians will need to pickup their child from the school. Bus will not return.
- Changes to bus routes require a minimum of 3 working days to be implemented.
- No changes to bus routes will be processed during the first 2 weeks of school.
- Pre-School students who qualify for special transportation services must have an adult present before the student is allowed to get off the bus.
- Kindergarten students transported during the noon-hour must have an adult present before the student is allowed to get off the bus.