Bus routes are published on the District 23 website under this tab (click here) OR on your child’s building website. For questions regarding bus routes, please contact your school or the Business Services Department at (847) 870-3850.
DISTRICT 23’S CONTRACTED SCHOOL BUS PROVIDER:
First Student Bus Company (D23 carrier for all school bus transportation)
2020-2021 BUS ROUTES
EISENHOWER - All routes
ROSS/SULLIVAN (A.M. & P.M.)
MACARTHUR (A.M. & P.M.)
EARLY CHILDHOOD - All routes
Early Childhood Apartment Routes
"We ask all students to be at their stops location at least 15 minutes early until routes and drivers are a bit more established."
NEW GUIDELINES FOR 2020-21:
In accordance with our Back to School Blueprint, we are asking all parents and students to follow these rules when riding the bus:
- Parents should review the Symptom Screener before their children board the bus and keep them home if they have any symptoms.
- At the stop, students are to practice social distancing and are to wear a mask at all times.
- Masks are to be worn during the entire ride and are not to be taken off.
- When boarding, students are to get on and walk to the back of the bus to take their seats in an open row.
- Siblings are to sit together when possible.
- In an open row, students are to take the seat against the window.
- Students should ride one student to a seat and to the greatest extent possible, leave a vacant seat to the side, and in front and in the back of each rider.
- Should students need to ride two to a seat, the second student is to sit closest to the aisle, leaving the middle seat vacant.
- Assigned seats may be required to enforce social distancing.
- Buses will be sanitized prior to District 23 use.
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
- A bus will not stop if students are not present.
- Due to time constraints; buses will not return to a bus stop when students miss the bus or an adult (when required) is not present to receive the student. Students will be returned to their home school and parents/guardians will need to pick up their child from the school. The bus will not return.
- Changes to bus routes require a minimum of 3 working days to be implemented.
- No changes to bus routes will be processed during the first 2 weeks of school.
- Pre-School students who qualify for special transportation services must have an adult present before the student is allowed to get off the bus.
- Kindergarten students transported during the noon-hour must have an adult present before the student is allowed to get off the bus.
WHO SHOULD BE CALLED IF THERE IS A BUS ISSUE?
First Student Bus Company is used for all routes.
- To find out the whereabouts of your student’s bus, call First Student at (847) 541-0220 and ask for the dispatcher.
- To report your student’s absence from a Special Education bus, call First Student at (847) 541-0220 and ask for the dispatcher.
- To report concerns about a bus or driver, call your child’s building OR First Student at (847) 541-0220 and ask for the driver supervisor.